Thursday, September 3, 2015

Projects Past & Present

 Hello everybody! Looooong time no post, right? I've just been lazy but I hope to rectify that soon. Isn't that baby blanket just sweet?? It's my latest project that I finished last month. It's called the Fluffy Meringue Blanket by Yarnspirations. I love the pattern, yarn and colors! It's just perfect for a baby as a security blanket. I think if I made it bigger and in a bolder color it could be perfect for an adult, too. Let's have a closer look.
Pretty and sweet!
Okay, I'm going to blast you with projects I've made within these last few months so sit back and enjoy!
 The above pattern is from Dada's Place called the Primevera Flowers Granny square.
 
 
 I found this pattern one day while surfing Pinterest from a Swedish blog called 'so crocheted' when translated. I was very interested in creating a similar cushion cover with some minor adjustments. Although it looks easy to do but it did took quite some time.
 Ripple has always been my favorite pattern! I just crocheted a long length then sew it together like an envelope.
 
 
 This is the Flower Square VI from Color 'n Cream blog.
 
 Did you see the Japanese Flower cushion covers on Dada's Place? Aren't they just gorgeous?? And as usual I had to make one, too! Though I wrongly read the diagram so the flowers are a little wonky. Anyhow, I enjoyed making them. I was proud of myself for sewing my first cushion cover (envelope style), ever. I just hand sewed the crocheted piece onto it or rather the cover onto the crocheted piece.

Alright! So, today I've shown you all the cushion covers I've made and a blanket. Tomorrow will be the bags turn. I hope I've inspired you to make one cushion cover, at least :)
Take care and see you soon!

Aisyah

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...